BURGUNDY RIVER CRUISE ADVENTURE at 30% OFF!
Select dates between
April 5, 2019, and May 26, 2019
Blessed with some of the most gorgeous countryside in Europe, if not the world (not to mention perhaps the best wine around), Burgundy is a place everyone should explore at least once. And the best way to do it is from the deck of an ambling river barge. Visit small villages and first-rate wineries, bike through forests and vineyards on a provided bicycle, and soak up the glorious sunshine, all with the help of a charming little hotel that goes where you go. You won’t get a better glimpse of Burgundy’s pastoral pleasures than this.
- Cruise up the canals of Burgundy aboard the Danièle
- Sip local wines and sample regional dishes
- Cycle through villages and vineyards
- Relax in the onboard Jacuzzi as the scenery glides by
Duration: 8 days
Start/Finish City: Dijon to Dijon
Service Level: Upgraded; Quality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
Physical Grading: 3 – Average; Some tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
Travel Style: Marine; Small-ship adventures on the world’s great seas, rivers, and other places only accessible by boat.
Trip Type: Small Group; Small group experience; Max 22
Meals included: Breakfast
Your Foodie Moment: Cremant de Bourgogne Wine Tour, Rully
Your Foodie Moment: Vougeot Wine Tasting and Cellar Tour, Vougeot. Wine, beer and non-alcoholic drinks included on board. 6
Cruise up the canals of Burgundy aboard the Danièle, sip local wines and sample regional dishes, cycle through villages and vineyards, relax in the onboard Jacuzzi as the scenery glides by
Dossier Disclaimer: The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary.
VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- While it is our intention to follow the itinerary as advertised, some modifications to the itinerary may be needed if water levels become very low. This is rare, but please note that some excursions and activities may change if it is necessary to modify the vessel route.
- Please note that there are a limited number of bicycles on board, and as such, there will not be enough bicycles to accommodate every passenger at a given time. Please speak to your CEO about arranging a bicycle share schedule at the beginning of your tour.
- All travelers are strongly encouraged to pack a reusable water bottle that can be filled from the water fountain on board the barge.
- Please note this itinerary operates both Northbound and Southbound in direction. Please refer below for the exact departure dates:
April 13, 27; May 11, 25; June 08, 22; July 06, 20; August 03, 17, 31; September 14, 28; October 12, 26
April 11, 25; May 09, 23; June 06, 20; July 04, 18; August 01, 15, 29; September 12, 26; October 10, 24
April 10, 24; May 08, 22; June 05, 19; July 03, 17, 31; August 14, 28; September 11, 25; October 09, 23
April 06, 20; May 04, 18; June 01, 15, 29; July 13, 27; August 10, 24; September 07, 21; October 05, 19
April 04, 18; May 02, 16, 30; June 13, 27; July 11, 25; August 08, 22; September 05, 19; October 03, 17
April 03, 17; May 01, 15, 29; June 12, 26; July 10, 24; August 07, 21; September 04, 18; October 02, 16
Day 1 Dijon
Day 2 Dijon/Saint-Léger-
Day 3 Saint-Léger-
Day 4 Chagny/Chalon-sur-Saône
Day 5 Chalon-sur-Saône/Saint-Jean-de-Losne
Day 6 Saint-Jean-de-Losne to Petit Ouges
Day 7 Petit-Ouges to Dijon
Day 8 Dijon