Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
Lindblad Expeditions has been exploring the planet’s remote and remarkable places for over 53 years aboard a fleet of elegant purpose-built expedition ships. Since its first travel company owner, Lars-Eric Lindblad, Lindblad Expeditions has taken travelers where only scientists had gone—the first to take citizen explorers to many destinations, including Antarctica and Galápagos, in 1966 and 1967. Lars-Eric Lindblad believed that educated people who saw things with their own eyes would be a potent force for preserving the places they visited. This belief is still the foundation of everything Lindblad Expeditions delivers today.
Our guests can cruise on a fleet of ships to the planet’s most extraordinary places in the company of world-renowned scientists, naturalists, and researchers.National Geographic Alliance
Now Booking 2024 Departure Dates at 2023 Rates
2023 Prices Guaranteed for Select 2024 Departures if booked by January 13, 2023*
What would you prefer: polar or solar, wildlife or culture, a short escape or an epic adventure? Now is your chance to lock in Lindblad Expeditions 2023 prices!
Four ways to get out in the wild
Ready to paddle, hike, snorkel, or ride through some of the most amazing places on the planet? With Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic, you’ll kayak into secluded Alaska inlets, have close encounters with gray whale mothers and calves in Baja California, walk among giant tortoises in the Galápagos, or follow in the footsteps of early settlers along the Columbia and Snake rivers. Connect with your NorthStar Virtuoso travel advisor to receive early booking savings when you reserve select 2024 expeditions by January 13, 2023 – plus up to $50 shipboard credit per stateroom, your Virtuoso exclusive benefit.
- Exploring Alaska’s Coastal Wilderness – Juneau to Sitka – 8 Days | Departures available May – August 2023 & 2024 – Virtuoso Oceanview fares FROM $7,560 per person View Sailing ›
- Baja California – Among the Great Whales – Round-trip from Loreto – 8 Days | Departures available January – March 2023 & 2024 – Virtuoso Oceanview fares FROM $6,590 per person View Sailing ›
- Wild Galápagos Escape – Round-trip from Guayaquil – 8 Days | Departures available throughout 2023 & 2024 – Virtuoso Oceanview fares FROM $9,790 per person View Sailing ›
- Columbia & Snake Rivers Journey – Clarkston to Portland – 8 Days | Departures available April, September & October 2023 & 2024 – Virtuoso Oceanview fares FROM $5,710 per person View Sailing ›
The New All-Suite National Geographic Islander II
Lindblad Expeditions has been bringing adventurous travelers to the Galápagos Islands for more than 50 years. With the launch of National Geographic Islander II, they are ushering in a new era of expedition travel in these wild and wonderful isles and elevating the guest experience to an entirely new level.
- Accommodating just 48 guests in 26 spacious suites, National Geographic Islander II is a state-of-the-art expedition ship that sails the Galápagos Islands year-round with a 1:1 guest-to-crew ratio.
- Al fresco dining options, an open-air observation deck, and floor-to-ceiling windows throughout create a seamless connection between indoor and outdoor living.
- After active days spent exploring, your clients can relax in the pool and sauna or enjoy 360º views on the open-air observation deck.
- Featuring Zodiacs, stand-up paddleboards, kayaks and a glass bottom boat, your clients will explore the islands up close and at water level.
- Families are welcome – children under 18 can join our exclusive National Geographic Global Explorers program for an unforgettable, hands-on learning experience such as getting a Zodiac driver’s license.
- With a farm-to-table dining program as well as regionally created art and décor, your clients will enjoy an immersive and authentic Ecuadorian experience.
Limited Time Offers
- FREE AIR from Guayaquil on select voyages in 2022
- FREE AIR from Miami on select voyages in 2023
- 4TH PERSON travels FREE on select departures
- SOLO Premium WAIVED on select 2022 departures
Call your NorthStar Advisor and book your holiday on the world’s most immersive Galápagos expeditions crafted by the experts at Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic.
Expeditions with free airfare: GO FURTHER
There’s no shortage of adventure when traveling with Lindblad Expeditions. On these featured itineraries, guests can choose to see colossal glaciers and old-growth rain forests in Alaska or get up close to enchanting wildlife in the Galápagos. Book your trip by July 31, 2021, and receive free round-trip airfare to Alaska or the Galápagos on select departures, plus an exclusive $50 shipboard credit per stateroom.
Board a Lindblad Expeditions National Geographic Venture ship and head into the world’s remote corners. See colossal glaciers, old-growth rain forests, and towering mountain peaks in Alaska. Or get up close with enchanting wildlife like blue-footed boobies, sea lions, and giant tortoises in the Galapagos.
WILD ALASKA ESCAPE: SITKA TO JUNEAU OR JUNEAU TO KETCHIKAN
National Geographic Sea Lion, National Geographic Sea Bird 6 Days • Departures available through 2022 – Depending on the itinerary, stops may include: Sitka • Southeast Alaska’s Islands, Bays, and Fjords • Icy Strait and the lnian Islands • Glacier Bay National Park • Haines • Tracy ArmFords Terror Wilderness • Juneau • Leconte Glacier • Wrangell • Misty Fjords National Park • Behm Canal • Ketchikan
Virtuoso Exclusive: $50 shipboard credit per stateroom
Virtuoso Oceanview fares from $4,570 per person
National Geographic Endeavour II – 10 Days • Departures available through 2022
Depending on itinerary, stops may include: Guayaquil, Ecuador • Galapagos Islands (North Seymour, lsabela, Fernandina, Espanola, Floreana, Santa Cruz, Bartolome, Santiago, Genovesa, San Cristobal)
Virtuoso Exclusive: $50 shipboard credit per stateroom
Virtuoso Oceanview fares from $7,560 per person
Free airfare and a shipboard credit on unforgettable expeditions
Iceland, Antarctica & South America
- A Circumnavigation of Iceland (11 Days)
- Journey to Antarctica: The White Continent (14 Days)
- Wild South America: The Guianas to Brazil (24 Days)
- All accommodations aboard expedition ships or in hotels per itinerary
- All meals aboard ship, and meals on land as indicated
- Air transportation where indicated
- Shore excursions and sightseeing
- Entrance fees, special access permits, transfers to and from group flights
- Use of kayaks, snorkeling equipment, and wet suits
- Taxes and service charges
- Services of a ship physician on most voyages
- Services of Lindblad’s expedition staff
S H I P S
Meet Lindblad’s Next-Generation Expedition Ships
National Geographic Endurance & Resolution
The 126-guest National Geographic Endurance and National Geographic Resolution are perfect platforms for exploring Antarctica and other far-flung regions. The new ice-class PC5 expedition ships are purpose-built with powerful wave-slicing action to ensure an extremely smooth ride even in adverse conditions.
- Ample deck and generous bow space for prime wildlife viewing.
- Two on-deck hot tubs, firepits, and twin igloos with enclosed beds for wildlife viewing orstargazing.
- Nordic and tropic saunas, yoga studio, fully equipped gym, and rejuvenating spa.
- Cool tools for exploring: Zodiacs, kayaks, and more, plus an undersea specialist aboard operating are motely operated vehicle (ROV) and underwater video camera to reveal the marine world.
- State-of-the-art Broadcast Studio, Science Hub and Photo Studio.
- Ship-wide art installations curated byacclaimed artist Zaria Forman.
Delfin II – Delfin II is a stately riverboat, built for the express purpose of exploring deep into the Peruvian Amazon at the headwaters of this mighty river—and doing so in modern tropical style.
Jahan – The riverboat Jahan is appointed in grand style, with large, gracious staterooms and luxurious touches. Built in 2011 from the ground up, it is without question the finest ship on the river. Every cabin has a private balcony and the ship’s public spaces offer a relaxed elegance for your Mekong tour.
Lord of the Glens – Life aboard Lord of the Glens feels like a cross between relaxing in a stately country manor and taking a voyage aboard a private yacht. It is the perfect way to explore the Scottish countryside. She is paneled in polished wood, with teak decks, offering gourmet cuisine, and exceptional service.
National Geographic Endeavour II – Your moving basecamp for exploring the islands, she is exceptionally nimble and maneuverable, with a shallow draft to get up-close viewing from all public spaces, open-air observation deck, large windows in cabins and suites, state-of-the-art tools for exploration, and a twin Zodiac loading platform
National Geographic Endurance – A next-generation expedition ship, purpose-built for polar navigation. A fully stabilized, ice-class Polar Class 5 vessel designed to navigate polar passages year-round and safely explore uncharted waters while providing exceptional comfort. Her X-BOW® offers a smooth ride even in adverse conditions
National Geographic Explorer – The embodiment of the Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic alliance, she is a perfect size with excellent maneuverability. Equipped with an ice-enforced hull; advanced navigation equipment; a roster of exploration tools; and well-appointed interior with vast expanses of glass for unrivaled views
National Geographic Quest – The 100- guest National Geographic Quest is a state-of-the-art, purpose-built expedition vessel made for exploring coastal waters, shallow coves, and fast-moving channels where wildlife congregate while sailing with the luxury of supreme comfort. Spacious cabins, open decks for wildlife viewing, and specialty tools for exploration.
National Geographic Resolution – A next-generation expedition ship, purpose-built for polar navigation. A fully stabilized, ice-class Polar Class 5 vessel designed to navigate polar passages year-round and safely explore uncharted waters while providing exceptional comfort. Her X-BOW® offers a smooth ride even in adverse conditions
National Geographic Venture – The 100-guest Lindblad Expeditions National Geographic Venture features step-out balconies (available in 22 of the 50 spacious cabins), plus 6 sets of connecting cabins for families and groups; a Sun Deck bar, and a designated mudroom for expedition gear.
Oberoi Philae – The Oberoi Philae has 50 cabins and maximum capacity of 100 guests. A multiyear renovation completed in 2015 converted her into an extraordinarily beautiful and private ship, with just 22 cabins and accommodations for 42 guests, modern amenities, and a relaxed, elegant ambiance.