Tauck’s well-choreographed land journeys and cruises are life enriching, inspirational & memorable
Estimated reading time: 16 minutes
When traveling on your favorite vacation with TAUCK, you will discover a refined mix of culture and entertainment, sightseeing and leisure, camaraderie, and privacy. Tauck’s remarkably loyal guests are enriched, indulged, and inspired by their travels, whose expectations are typically exceeded. It is surprising that over 50% of Tauck’s travelers are repeat guests. Tauck and its guests annually travel to 70 countries on seven continents.
Create authentic, enriching travel experiences that enhance people’s lives by broadening their knowledge and fulfilling their dreams.The Tauck Mission
Canada Open for Travel
Of all the international destinations that have recently opened for travel, none are closer to Tauck’s hearts than Canada. They’ve been guiding travelers through the best of Canada from the Maritime Provinces to the Canadian Rockies for 96 years – and along with their travel partners, they sincerely can’t wait to welcome our clients back this September to “the world next door,” east or west. Canada is truly a feast for the senses – big in scope, and immensely rich with a natural world that defies description and a multicultural heritage with centuries of stories to tell. Tauck journeys are ready – and they are so looking forward to having you join this fall.
A Walk Through Canada’s Capital Cities
Tauck Directors and Canadian residents, Sydney Holmes, Genevieve Thibault, and Felix Audet shared tidbits of history, landmarks, and culture on a virtual walk through the streets of Toronto, Niagara Falls, Ottawa, Montreal, and Quebec City in a special insideTauck presentation – inspiring!
Best of the Canadian Rockies
Jeweled lakes. Snow-capped peaks. Emerald forests. The Icefields Parkway, one of the world’s great drives. Add superlatives like spectacular, majestic, and incomparable, and you’ll get a sense of the memorable sights that await you on a one-week journey in the Canadian Rockies featuring two-night stays at a Baronial castle in Banff National Park, a lakeside château at Lake Louise and a wilderness resort in Jasper National Park. 2021 Departures: September 3, 5, 10, 17, 24
Tauck Canada Collection
One- and two-week journeys exploring British Columbia, the Canadian Rockies, and Eastern Canada have been guest favorites for decades – welcome back to Canada in the fall of 2021.
Spain & Portugal Open for Travel
A warm welcome awaits our clients from Tauck’s travel partners in Spain and Portugal – and it is certain to be a memorable one. Beginning August and early September 2021, three of Tauck’s most popular journeys once again explore the best of both countries. The Age of Exploration shaped global history, and learn about the region’s complex past dating back to ancient times while making your own discoveries today. Multi-cultural influences shaped the cultural landscapes, from cuisine to art, literature, architecture, and fashion, witnessed in classic cities such as Madrid, Barcelona, and Lisbon. And they’ll find nature’s landscapes both dramatic and unique, from beautiful beaches throughout the Iberian Peninsula to stunning mountain ranges, lush vineyards, quaint seaports, and historic small towns.
Northern Spain, the Rioja Valley and Madrid
A unique two-week journey from Barcelona to Madrid features distinctive accommodations, from stays at premier hotels that were once royal palaces to an authentic, historic Parador. Guests discover Basque cultural traditions, travel the famed El Camino de Santiago, explore Rioja Valley wine traditions, and the iconic modern art within Bilbao’s Guggenheim Museum.
A Week In… Spain
Truly unforgettable. In just one week, explore the best of Spain from Barcelona to Madrid via seaside Malaga, Granada, Seville, and Cordoba, including travels through the stunning rolling hills of Andalucia, a horse-drawn carriage ride, and a private flamenco performance.
Every Tauck trip is unique, and everyone is crafted with care to match the specific preferences of our clients. Travel the way you enjoy! From worldwide land tours, exclusive events, and family adventures to small ship and river cruises, Tauck offers Northstar clients a wide range of travel choices in more than 70 countries and all seven continents. Tauck’s diverse brands provide our clients with trips that meet their unique needs, tastes, and travel preferences. Check out all the ways you can also see the world with Tauck to choose travel experiences that meet your specific and individual criteria.
Delivering outstanding personal service, uncompromising standards for quality, and a steadfast commitment to making the most of your vacation time… a brand promise we made back in 1925, and haven’t deviated from since.The Tauck Difference
Australia & New Zealand tours
Tauck’s complete library of e-brochures is available to download for planning your very next exciting tour, or to share with your friends and family!
WORLD DISCOVERY: Classic Land Journeys
Fully guided journeys, seamlessly orchestrated. Enjoy unique experiences on and off the beaten path, Tauck Exclusive after-hours and pre-opening tours, local cuisines, insider perspectives, and premier hotel stays.
- Experience the wor1d In ways you couldn’t on your own:
- Premium travel. fully escorted … since 1925
- Expertly choreographed sightseeing around the globe and Impeccable personalized service
- Traveling In good company with Tauck Directors
- Original content from exclusive partners, including Ken Blums & BBC Earth
- Authentic dining and premium accommodations
- Exclusive access to cultural experiences
- Discoveries by river raft, float plane, four-wheel-drive vehicle, Sleigh, bicycle, horseback, lobster boat…
- Peace of mind travel with Tauck’s Guest Protection
SMALL SHIP CRUISING: The Joy of Traveling Small
Up close, where bigger ships can’t go
All-inclusive, fully guided cultural journeys and expeditions aboard sophisticated small ships handpicked for destinations. Cruises are carefully choreographed so you experience the best of land and sea.
- Cultural journeys and expeditions around the world
- Small ship discoveries without the crowds
- All-inclusive pricing with no hidden fees
- Private shore excursions & premier hotels ashore
- Welcoming, alternative service
- Gracious sailing with a relaxed, casual feel
- Onboard experts & local cultural entertainment
- Cruising on hand•picked ships to hidden harbors and exclusive ports of call
Destination Inspired. Distinctively Inclusive.
Cruise aboard the most elegant custom-crafted riverboats in Europe, on journeys featuring Tauck Exclusive events ashore and choices of included excursions and sightseeing, from highlights to hidden gems.
- Inspirational cursing on France’s Rhone, Saone & Seine on the Rhine, Main & Danube across Europe
- An-Inclusive value, all-included shore excursions with uncommon access to cultural experiences
- More space, more person.ali2:ed service per guest on their sophisticated custom-crafted riverboats
- Tauck Cruise Director & 3 Tauck Directors on all ships
- Unlimited compllmcn1ary beverages aboard ship
- More 300 SQ. ft. suites than any boats
BRIDGES: World Travel. Family Discovery.
An extraordinary way tor families to share the world.
Family adventures are designed for doing, seeing, and learning together. Filled with hands-on fun and ‘wow’ experiences for all ages, trips are led by Tauck Directors who understand the needs of all generations.
- Share meaningful moments that last lifetimes on family trips that are fun for all generations
- Hassle-free all inclusive g1obal where every details is taken care of for the whole family
- Authentic experiences and shared discoveries that bring families closer – perfect for reunions and multinational celebrations!
- Doing, seeing and learning through hands-on, Interactive fun: horseback riding, mountain bicycling, cooking classes. river rafting and more
- Tauck Directors who are great storytellers,. caring professionals and lots of fun!
EVENTS: One-of-a-Kind Experiences
Because once-In-a-lifetime only happens once
Once-In-a-lifetime experiences are built around themes linked to iconic location, cultural phenomenon, or sporting events. Revel in V.I.P. access and meet luminaries on Tauck Events like Celebration of Roses in Los Angeles.
- Theme driven travel experiences built around an iconic location or event – meticulously crafted
- Small-group themes sightseeing tracks & Tauck Exclusive gala evening events
- Exclusive access to special experiences, venues & entertainment not possible on one’s own
- In-depth visits behind the scenes insights & presentations by noted experts
- Personalized concierge service by experienced Tauck Directors & hotel staff
- One landmark hotel – no packing and unpacking
CULUTURIOUS: Small Group Cultural Immersion
Find yourself someplace new
- Average group size of 20
- Culturally immersive authentic, hands-on travel designed for Inquisitive travelers & learners
- Engaging experiences: market walks, cooking classes. artisan demos, pub hops, wildlife safaris
- Insights from authors & historians, chefs & vintners, artists & artisans, naturalists & wildlife experts
- Ac1ive “soft adventures” that recharge the spirit – hiking, rafting, bicycling, kayaking, horseback rides
- Locally flavored regional dining, multi-night stays at boutique accommodations
Contact your Northstar Virtuoso Travel Advisor for insider knowledge to help enhance your experience. Updated information regarding our COVID-19 policies: https://www.tauck.com/travel-policy-updateInsider Tip
Galápagos Islands: Open For Travel
The Galápagos are often called the enchanted islands – because the island archipelago is home to unique wildlife not found anywhere else in the world. You will explore in the footsteps of Charles Darwin, whose voyage to the Galápagos aboard H.M.S. Beagle inspired his book Origin of Species – and see, firsthand, the isolated habitats comprising a world of nature unlike any other, including the amazing opportunity on our summertime departures to view the sea turtle eggs hatching along Galápagos beaches and your run to the ocean. Onboard expert guides and naturalists share their insights and knowledge, with daily activities varying from walks and hikes along wildlife trails and lava roads, snorkeling in the colorful depths of undersea calderas, kayaking on bays and inlets – and of course, many opportunities to view the fascinating wildlife up close. The Galápagos Islands are one of the must-see destinations on any world traveler’s list – and our cruises are truly unforgettable.
Galápagos: Wildlife Wonderland
A Galápagos journey of discovery for every member of the family aboard Tauck’s expedition ship Santa Cruz II, featuring a refined small ship cruising experience with a maximum capacity of just 90 passengers.
2021 Departures: July 3, 13, 27, 31 August 6, 10, 14
The Galápagos Cruise Collection Includes…
We have three additional journeys featuring Galápagos cruising, two that are highlighted by a land journey to Peru and iconic Machu Picchu:
- Cruising the Galápagos Islands – 9-day journey featuring a 6-night Galápagos cruise aboard the 40 passenger Isabela II
- Peru and the Galápagos Islands – 15-day journey featuring a 6-night Galápagos cruise aboard the 40 passenger Isabela II
Authentic, unforgettable and joyful; their 2022 Small Ship Cruises and Europe land journeys bring a new world to explore, or an old-world to rediscover. It’s not just about the places you visit, it’s how you experience them, with exclusive access and unique travel experiences that connect you more deeply – such as their Europe journeys that include a special visit to Oberammergau for a performance of the once-in-a-decade Passion Play. Complete details for all 2022 land journeys, river cruises, and small ship cruises are on tauck.com – preferred departure dates are filling fast. You’ll find small group departures on most of their land journeys in Europe; averaging just 24 guests, small group departures provide a more personal experience with more choice and flexibility – and more opportunities to spend time with TAUCK’s local experts and guides. And on their small ship cruises, small is big; smaller ships mean fewer guests on board, providing an opportunity for more personalized service.
Our journeys to Italy are a celebration of the art of living la dolce vita. Whether wine tasting at a private vineyard, dining where the locals dine, learning culinary secrets from a chef, or the stories behind paintings from an art expert – enjoy special access unique to Tauck. On Classic Italy and Classic Italy, Small Groups, they’ll enjoy an after-hours visit to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, without crowds. And on Venice & the Dalmatian Coast, they’ll see Venice through the eyes of a local.
Culinary traditions run strong throughout Spain and Portugal, from Portugal’s historic seaside treasures to the passion and recipes of Seville, port wine tasting in Porto, or the vintage pleasures of Madrid featuring a flavorful tasting of Spanish wines and sangria. Food and wine are an important component of Tauck’s travel experiences on journeys including Tauck’s small ship cruise Treasures of Spain and Portugal and their two-week land journey, Spain and Portugal.
View Tauck’s Spain and Portugal
Tauck small ship expeditionary cruises bring out the explorer in all of us, that yearning we have for unforgettable adventures. Cruises within the Galápagos Islands, Antarctica are unique but share a passion with the amazing world of nature that is best explored by land and sea. Learning and adventure go hand in hand, and your experience is enhanced with insights shared by Tauck naturalists and Tauck Directors.
Discover Expeditionary Cruising
Tauck’s first European rail journey is an eight-day excursion from Milan to Vienna by way of the Swiss Alps, aboard Golden Eagles’ magnificent Danube Express – bookended by overnight stays at luxury hotels in two of Europe’s most popular cities. The romance of a European rail journey aboard a sleeper train harkens to a bygone day and lingers in the imagination – because how you get there is as important as the destination.